Aromatherapy or essential oil therapy is a traditional way to use essential oils and other aromatic plant compounds. These ancient oils have been used for over 6,000 years, with the motive of enhancing a person’s mood and mind. According to research, many types of essential oils contain antimicrobial activity, and they are also believed to contain antiviral, nematocidal, antifungal, insecticidal, and antioxidant characteristics. Aromatherapy application usually includes massage, topical application, and inhalation. Here are some of the benefits of using an essential oil diffuser at home:
1. Aromatic Scents: Essential oil emits cleansing molecules into air that works to purify the air. It does not fill the air with harmful chemicals. The electric diffuser is not harmful as it does not involve fire risk which scented candles usually have. The other feature is that they consist of the added feature of interchangeability, which means that you can change oil types for different scents and health benefits.
2. For Relaxation: There are several studies that have been conducted with the outcome that, some essential oils like lavender tend to uplift the mood of a person and also aid in relieving bottled-up emotions and help one calm down. The oil diffusers could also help one loosen up.
3. Improved sleep: Diffusers help to beat the problem of insomnia as they contain relaxing properties. Electronic diffusers are advantageous as they provide the facility to blend essential oils, and they can help a person experience a soothing environment. Many diffusers come with an auto shut-off feature to help secure oils once you have slept off.
4. Appetite Control: Diffusers help to control appetite. The new research shows us that diffusing peppermint oil can help combat appetite by producing a satiety response within the body. Also, diffused peppermint is beneficial to increase energy.
5. Remove Bacteria and Mold: When essential oils are diffused in the air, the growth of harmful bacteria gets minimized in the air. There are some essential oils like eucalyptus, thyme, and tea tree oils that are specifically beneficial for the purpose. Diffused oils are highly effective when it comes to defeating fungal yeast threats. Pine and red thyme essential oils are some of the oils that are best to curb mold.
6. Controls Mucus and Congestion: Oil diffusers could help to decongest and also controls mucus. This helps the person to calm and soothe mind and body so he or she can breathe properly without any problem. This is one of the most effective remedies for those who have cold or sinus problems.
7. Anti-Viral: According to research, diffusers have become a famous choice as they have been considered anti-viral because of their properties.
Enhances Cognitive Performance: They have been used to enhance cognitive functions. Many essential oils have apoptogenic qualities that function to soothe our minds efficiently. Diffusers help to attain mental balance and improve focusing ability. Also, many essential oils are believed to improve the hormonal balance in the body. These oils also work to improve the cognitive tendency of a person.
How do diffusers work?
The oils evaporate in the air via a diffuser container. Besides providing a pleasant smell, the oil also facilitates respiratory disinfection, decongestant, and psychological benefits. Inhaling essential oils activates the olfactory system, the specific part of the brain that is associated to smell, including the nose and the brain. Molecules that go into the mouth and nose, pass through the lungs following the other parts of the body. All the molecules impact the limbic system that is linked to emotions, the heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress, and hormone balance. These are the reasons essential oils have a positive impact on the body. Young Living Essential Oils has some of the best diffusers and essential oils.